UK Tourist Visa from Dubai : The United Kingdom has now eased almost all Covid-19 restrictions for travellers, including the need to complete a UK passenger locator form, and Covid-19 PCR test and quarantine requirements, irrespective of the vaccination status of the travellers. Therefore, travellers from Dubai & the UAE can now travel to the UK without any stringent entry restrictions.
Do Dubai & UAE residents need a UK tourist visa to the UK?
According to a directive from the United Kingdom home office, from 2023 UAE nationals will no longer need a UK Tourist Visa to enter the Kingdom.
As of now, since the UAE does not fall under countries eligible for visa-free services upon arrival in the UK, travellers from the UAE and Dubai to the UK must have a valid visa document for entry to the UK.
The UAE and Dubai residents can apply for the Standard Visitor Visa to visit or the UK Tourist Visa for tourism, as well as business, study (courses up to 6 months) and other purposes. You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months. However, you might be able to apply to stay for longer in certain circumstances, such as for medical treatment purposes.
Types of UK tourist visas available for Dubai & UAE residents
The short-term standard visitor visa
Residents from the UAE and Dubai can apply for the Standard Visitor Visa to visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business, study (courses up to 6 months) and other permitted activities, including:
- for tourism, for example on a holiday or vacation
- to see your family or friends
- to volunteer for up to 30 days with a registered charity
- to pass through the UK to another country (‘in transit’)
- for certain business activities.
- to take part in a school exchange programme.
- to do a recreational course of up to 30 days.
- to study, do a placement or take an exam
- as an academic, senior doctor or dentist
- for medical reasons
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months. However, you might be able to apply to stay for longer in certain circumstances, such as for medical treatment purposes.
The long-term standard visitor visa
Residents from UAE and Dubai can also apply for a long-term Standard Visitor Visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years if they need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit. If you’re under 18 years old when you apply, your long-term Standard Visitor visa will only be valid for up to 6 months after you turn 18. You cannot get a refund on the fee.
The UK tourist visa from Dubai & UAE requirements
- A passport or travel document to enter the UK, that should be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK. Additionally, there must be a blank page in your passport for your Standard Visitor visa.
- You must be able to show that:
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
- you’re able to support yourself and your dependents during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
- you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home
Contact Us For Details : +971 50 307 7353 , Gatewayz