Azerbaijan Visa : First You Know About Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan, the nation and former Soviet republic, is bounded by the Caspian Sea and Caucasus Mountains, which span Asia and Europe. Its capital, Baku, is famed for its medieval walled Inner City. Within the Inner City lies the Palace of the Shirvanshahs, a royal retreat dating to the 15th century, and the centuries-old stone Maiden Tower, which dominates the city skyline.
Located on the Caspian Sea, there are quaint subtropical seaside resorts, or you can embrace Azerbaijan’s name as the Land of Fire with a trip to a flaming mountain or a mud volcano.
There are hillside towns that hide ancient mosques and minarets, as well as some of the most impressive modern architecture in the world in the form of the Flame Towers in Baku, so whatever your agenda and time restrictions, Azerbaijan has much to offer visitors at the crossroads of Europe and Asia.
There are lots of amazing places to visit in Azerbaijan. Here are most popular ones:
- Baku – Baku, the capital city of Azerbaijan, lies along the Caspian Sea, and is a somewhat curious mix of the old walled city of Icheri Seher, and a modern building craze that has led a boom in skyscrapers, many of which are studded with LCD screens.
- Icheri Seher – Known as “Old City” and “Fortress”, Icheri Seher is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the centre of Baku, and you will find amazing architectural feats all over this protected quarter of the city.
- Absheron National Park – Sitting in the Azizbeyov region of the city of Baku, Absheron National Park spans 783 hectares of protected land and is the perfect place to come to witness the stunning flora and fauna of Azerbaijan.
- Garasu Volcano – Many visitors to Azerbaijan may not know that the country has the highest number of mud volcanoes in the world. 350 to be exact! One of the best known is Garasu Volcano, that has been known to spew mud over 1,000 metres into the air.
- Naftalan Oil Resort – Naftalan resort is famous due to the Naftalan crude oil found here that is said to have healing properties, and has sparked a boom in medical tourism to the region.
- Gobustan – is often referred to as the Azerbaijan version of Stonehenge in the United Kingdom, as it features a prehistoric cromlech (a circle of stones that have been positioned vertically). It doesn’t end there however, as Gobustan is an archaeological reserve that lies to the south of Baku and offers a fascinating insight into ancient civilizations due to over 6,000 rock drawings that span over 537 hectares.
Azerbaijan, the ‘Land of Fire’ is a beautiful confluence of culture and cosmopolitan nuances. Planning a trip to this beautiful land is now easy and hassle-free. Apply for your Azerbaijan visa and get it in just 5 working days.
Documents required for Azerbaijan Visa application
- Scanned colour copy of the first and last page of your passport Azerbaijan visa.
- Passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of submission of the visa, with a minimum of two blank pages
- Scanned copy of your passport-size photograph taken against a white background
- Hotel booking with name, contact details and address of the hotel
- Mandatory travel insurance
Why to choose Gatewayz for Azerbaijan Visa application
Gatewayz.co has been a part of more than one million travel dreams. Our personalised services make your travel experience simple and hassle-free.
Contact with us We will assist you with all the required documents and procedures to get your Azerbaijan Visa approved! Without any hassle.